If you never have been registered to our clinic, please complete the forms below and return to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary care is the first point of contact between a patient and the health care system and includes illness prevention, health promotion, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation and counselling. In Ontario, primary care has evolved from a predominantly fee- for-service (FFS) system of independent physicians to more advanced group-based practices premised on patient enrolment and comprehensive care.
Our clinic primary health care model is FHO; amed Doctor's FHO. It is under LHIN: Toronto Central
Doctor's FHO is consisted of a group of physicians who provided comprehensive care to the enrolled patients. Also, they provide after-hours care to each others enrolled patients. After-hours is 5-8 pm weekdays an 9-12 am weekends.
Patients who are enrolled in a FHO primary care model can take advantage of available benefits such as:
Above-mentioned benefits comes with a small cost. You are expected to use the services of your FHO group doctors, only. Otherwise your family doctor will be penalized for the services you sought from other doctors.
Remember the word comprehensive care. Your going to another doctor means that your family doctor failed to provide you comprehensive or after-hours care. As such, the Ministry of Health would penalize your family doctor for the amount of the service you got from another doctor.
So it's very important for you to make up your mind in this regard before enrolling yourself in a doctor's FHO family practice.
Please help us stay on time by arriving promptly for your appointment with your current health insurance (OHIP) card. Sometimes there may be unforeseen delays - we try to minimize these but we appreciate your understanding when they arise.
Please give us 24 hours notice if you must cancel an appointment. Failure to give 24 hours' notice will result in a $20 charge for a missed regular appointment / $40 charge for a missed periodic health exam.
New patients are asked to fill out a health information questionnaire. All personal health information we receive is kept in strict confidence according to the laws of Ontario and Canada.
We do not tolerate rude or abusive behaviour to, or by, any person involved in our practice and reserve the right to dismiss anyone in violation. We operate an inclusive and respectful medical practice and welcome patients, clinicians, and staff of all backgrounds, ages, beliefs, sexualities, health status, etc.
Whenever possible, we ask our family practice patients not to use other walk-in clinics as they do not have access to your medical records and do not send reports to our office. If you are experiencing serious symptoms (like chest pain, difficulty breathing, loss of consciousness, intense pain, heavy bleeding, etc.) please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
We generally do not refill prescriptions over the phone, unless you are a registered patient of our clinic and your medical condition has been stable in the past 6 to 12 months.We take your healthcare seriously and provide enough medications to last until they should be reviewed. Please anticipate when you will require refills and book follow-up appointments accordingly, and ask for any refills at your appointments.
At the medical doctor's discretion, refills may be called in to the pharmacy in urgent situations where a patient's care will not be compromised by missing a physical examination. The charge for this service is $20 per prescription.
All lab and diagnostic test results ordered will be reviewed by a physician at the clinic. You will receive a call if follow-up is required. How ever, we encourage you to contact our office to discuss the results with the physician either virtually (over the phone or video conferencing), or personally in the clinic.
Please be aware that some services are not covered by provincial health insurance. Payment for uninsured services is due In advance before at the time of completion of the service by eTransfer or cash.
2) your website and other public sources of information;
3) other professionals who serve you;
4) other parties or witnesses in the context of litigation; and
5) other parties or participants in a commercial transaction. We may collect personal information from candidates for employment to assess qualifications. Consent In most cases, if we collect, use, or disclose your personal information, we will obtain your consent. Sometimes we will ask for your consent in writing, but in some cases we may accept your oral consent. Sometimes your consent may be implied through your conduct with us or the nature of our retainer. Should you withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal information, it may impact on our ability to serve you and to maintain our relationship. Use of Personal Information We use your personal information to provide medical advice and services to you, to administer our patient and administrative databases, to build and to maintain our expertise and knowledge, and to include you in our information distribution and marketing activities. If you no longer wish to receive information about developments in our practice area or our services, you can ask us not to send any further material. Disclosure of Personal Information Dufferin Health does not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to market their products and services. Under certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information. Some examples are: 1) when you have consented to the disclosure;
2) when we are required or authorized by law to do so, including, for example, if a court issues a warrant or a subpoena;
3) in order to comply with the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, the regulatory body that governs the practice of medicine in Ontario;
4) when the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to third parties (in which case your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise at the outset of the retainer);
5) where it is necessary to collect fees;
6) if we engage a third party to provide administrative services to us (such as computer back-up services, archival file storage, or insurance) and the third party is bound by obligations regarding privacy that are consistent with this policy;
7) in the event of a merger by or growth of Dufferin Health (in which case the third party will be bound by obligations regarding privacy that are consistent with this policy);
8) if we contact other medical practitioners and healthcare providers on your behalf. Updating Your Information Since we use your personal information to provide medical services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If, during the course of our relationship, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes. We may also periodically inquire of you whether your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. Securing Personal Information Dufferin Health takes precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your personal information are: 1) premises security;
2) confidentiality policies as part of our professional obligations;
3) training for our staff;
4) deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access or “hacking”; and
If you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada can be reached at: 112 Kent Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3
The content of this website should not be relied upon as medical advice. If you require medical advice, please contact one of our physicians or another licensed physician. Accessing or using this website does not create a physician-patient relationship. We do not guarantee that the content of this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Dufferin Health assumes no obligation to update the content. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content or other documents that are referenced by or linked to the website. The content on this website may be changed without notice to you.
Carefully read all of the following terms and conditions of this agreement (the Agreement) before using or accessing the dufferinhealth.com website (the “Website”). Accessing this Website is the equivalent of you signing and accepting this Agreement and indicates your acceptance of applicable terms and conditions and that you intend to be legally bound by them. You and your organization (you) agree to the following terms and conditions, as modified or amended by Dufferin Health from time to time. Each time you access the Website, you re-confirm your acceptance of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit now and discontinue your use of this Website.
Copyright and Ownership All materials published or otherwise accessible through this Website including but not limited to articles, opinions, photographs, images, illustrations, information, content, reports, data, databases, graphics, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, products, services, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names contained on the Website (collectively referred to as the “Content”) and including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto are protected by copyright and are owned or controlled by Dufferin Health or used by Dufferin Health with permission. The compilation of all Content on this Website is the exclusive property of Dufferin Health. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices and restrictions contained in any Content.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use You agree that you will not, without Dufferin Health’s prior written permission, use this Website or the Content for purposes other than your own personal non-commercial use and benefit. You may not frame the Website or the Content or any part thereof on any commercial or non-commercial internet website. You acquire absolutely no rights or licenses to the Website or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website and the Content in accordance with this Agreement. Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Website may constitute the trade-marks or trade names of Dufferin Health or of third parties. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade-marks or trade names displayed on the Website without the written permission of Dufferin Health or the written permission of the third party that may own them. You agree that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, any reproduction, retransmission, distribution, sale, republication, modification, translation of or creation of derivative works based on the Website or the Content, in whole or in part, and any decompilation, disassembly, reverse engineering or other exploitation of the Website, without prior written permission, is strictly prohibited.
Limitation of Liability THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” ONLY, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT WILL Dufferin Health, ITS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, OR OTHERWISE. You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content.
Links Policy The Website contains links to third-party websites, which are not under the control of Dufferin Health and are provided as a convenience and for your information only. Dufferin Health makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through the Website. When you access a non-Dufferin Health website through this Website, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that Dufferin Health is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on these sites. A link to another website does not mean that Dufferin Health has endorsed, investigated or verified its content.
Governing Law This Agreement is governed by the laws of Ontario and these laws apply to the use of the Website or the Content by you, notwithstanding your domicile, residency or physical location. The Website and the Content are intended for use only in jurisdictions where it may lawfully be offered for use.
Termination Notwithstanding any of these terms and conditions, Dufferin Health reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use this Website, and to block or prevent future access to and use of the Website if you violate any of the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination, the terms of this Agreement shall continue to apply.
Entire Agreement This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties as pertaining to the subject matter of these terms and conditions and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, representations, negotiations, and discussions, whether oral or written, of the parties. There are no warranties, representations or other agreements between the parties in connection with the subject matter of this Agreement except as specifically set forth in this Agreement.
Severability If any term of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall not be affected. The Agreement shall thereafter be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision were omitted.
Contacting Us For more information about the use of this Website and its Contents, please contact (416) 657-1321